Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Good Morning! All Saints Day, 2011



TILICHO LAKE
by David Whyte

In this high place
it is as simple as this,
leave everything you know behind.

Step toward the cold surface,
say the old prayer of rough love
and open both arms.

Those who come with empty hands
will stare into the lake astonished,
there, in the cold light
reflecting pure snow

the true shape of your own face.


Welcome to my blog.  Hopefully you're finding this post from a link that was on my website.  That's all to say that I'm in the process of working out how all this plays out.

My intent?  I plan to post occasionally to experiment with my pictures and other images that interest me.

I'm interested in your comments.  I'm happy to answer any questions that you have.

Today is All Saints Day.  A good day to begin.

Self-Portrait as John the Baptist
Self-Portrait as the Green Man

No comments:

Post a Comment